A JSON editor typically has several features, such as:
- Syntax highlighting: to distinguish between different parts of the JSON code
- Automatic indentation: to properly format the JSON code
- Data validation: to check if the JSON file is well-formed and correct.
- Search and replace: to find and replace specific values or keys in the JSON file
- Adding and removing elements: to add and remove keys and values from the JSON file
There are various online and offline JSON editors available, such as Oumify.
Also, many code editors have built-in JSON editors or have the ability to install a plugin to provide this functionality.
It's important to note that editing a JSON file may affect the functionality of the code; therefore, it's recommended to keep a backup of the original file and test the modified file in the intended system or application.
CEO / Co-Founder