A CSS beautifier is a tool that helps to format and structure CSS code, making it more readable and easier to understand. This can be especially useful for large or complex CSS files, as it can make it easier to find and edit specific styles.
A CSS beautifier typically has several features, such as:
- Indentation: Indent nested styles to make it clear which styles are associated with specific elements.
- Line breaks: Add line breaks between styles to make it easier to read.
- Alignment: Align properties and values to make it clear which properties and values belong to which selectors.
- Comment handling: Remove or preserve comments within the code.
- sorting properties alphabetically
There are various online CSS beautifiers available, such as Oumify.
Also, many code editors have built-in CSS beautifiers or have the ability to install a plugin to provide this functionality.
It's important to note that beautifying the CSS code does not affect the functionality of the code, but it can help for maintenance and debugging purposes.
CEO / Co-Founder